Sep 28, 2014

Vet Resource Center & Wisdom Within Women Veteran Retreat


September 26th, 2014- Santa Fe Community College ~
Veterans Resource Center visit
What a great visit from this band of brothers from the SFCC VRC. Under their new leadership they are rocking! Congrats Greg and your great team. We are looking forward to doing some great things together.

A great crew and a good visit. One of many more.

~~~~~

September 27th, 2014
Our 3rd Wisdom Within Women Veterans Retreat met underneath
a perfect warm sky.

We began the day with a simple exercise using our five senses
which helps us with becoming present in the moment.

Coming together again over time...

has created an even deeper sense of comfort and love within the group.

Here is one Cowgirl who at our first was not very comfortable 
with horses, and who now wants one for herself!

Every moment with a horse is a special moment.


Here are some of the benefits that our veterans experienced from the day:

"Major healing of my heart from the horses especially Hollywood, with whom I have formed a special bond." ~ Bloom B. US Navy 

"Being in Fellowship. Insight into myself. Being aware of my senses. Being Present!" ~ Tamie G. US Navy

"I learned what I have to work through - a big thing for me." Rae M. US Navy

"Better insight into myself, others and that includes the horses!" ~ Jayne M. US Army

"I am not alone. Every time I come here I learn something new. I change somthing about myself. I leave something in the pen or the arena or conversation that no longer serves my highest good. I listen better. I love who I am. I love the people here. The change keeps me coming back." ~D. Johnson. US Air Force

We will have another group starting up in the spring, so don't miss out!
E-mail us to get on our e-mail notification list for when that will be.
info@horsesforheroes.org